SMAW & Plate Welding Certificates
In partnership with Owens Community College, the following welding classes are now available at the Fostoria Learning Center:
- SMAW Welding Certificate – this certificate is designed to provide students with the necessary skills to obtain an entry-level job as an SMAW Stick welder.
- Plate Welding Certificate – this certificate provides students with knowledge and skill for job placement in the welding field. Students are trained in all aspects of welding including stick, gas, metal inert gas (MIG) welding processes. Students will also be tested in accordance with the American Welding Society plate and testing procedures.
These classes are a three-semester (1-year) program. At the end you will graduate with a Certificate in Welding from the American Welding Society.
Classes Start: Week of January 20, 2020. Registration opens October 21, 2019.
Schedule: One evening per week - 5:00pm-9:20pm (day to be announced).
Cost: $168* per credit hour plus $175 per student Welding Lab Fee per semester.
This training is brought to you in partnership with Owens Community College.
Advance Registration required. Seating is limited.
(419) 408-5540 for more information. Or click here to Contact Us.
* per Owens Community College fee schedule. Financial assistance may be available to those who qualify.
Forklift Truck Operators are in high demand in the Fostoria and surrounding area. Receiving an operator’s certificate of completion before applying for a job gives you the competitive advantage over other applicants. Average pay for a Forklift Operator can be between $12-$16 per hour.
Although OSHA requires all operators to receive site and equipment specific forklift training, through this training program you will receive:
- Classroom training to increase your knowledge and skills in lift truck operations.
- Practical operator training on an electric-powered industrial lift truck, and single and double drum grabber attachments.
- A certificate of operator completion to share with employers.
- Access to job readiness training.
Classroom training will be held at the Fostoria Learning Center, 342 Perry Street, Fostoria.
Operator training will be held at the Distribution Center, 130 W. Jones Road, Fostoria.
Pre-requisite: Must be 18 years or older and pass a drug test.
Currently there aren't any plans to offer a Forklift Operator Training in 2019, but if you would like to be the first to know should we be able to offer this program again, click here to add your details to the Wait List.
You can also call us at: (419) 408-5540.