- Welding Certificates
SMAW & Plate Welding Certificates
In partnership with Owens Community College, welding classes are now available at the Fostoria Learning Center:
- SMAW Welding Certificate – this certificate is designed to provide students with the necessary skills to obtain an entry-level job as an SMAW Stick welder.
- Plate Welding Certificate – this certificate provides students with knowledge and skill for job placement in the welding field. Students are trained in all aspects of welding including stick, gas, metal inert gas (MIG) welding processes. Students will also be tested in accordance with the American Welding Society plate and testing procedures.
Classes Start: Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Schedule: Tuesday evenings from 5pm-9:20pm
This training is brought to you in partnership with Owens Community College.
Advance Registration required. Seating is limited.
(419) 408-5540 for more information.
- Forklift Operator Training
Forklift Truck Operators are in high demand in the Fostoria and surrounding area. Receiving an operator’s certificate of completion before applying for a job gives you the competitive advantage over other applicants. Average pay for a Forklift Operator can be between $12-$16 per hour.
Although OSHA requires all operators to receive site and equipment specific forklift training, through this training program you will receive:
- Classroom training to increase your knowledge and skills in lift truck operations.
- Practical operator training on an electric-powered industrial lift truck, and single and double drum grabber attachments.
- A certificate of operator completion to share with employers.
- Access to job readiness training.
Classroom training will be held at the Fostoria Learning Center, 342 Perry Street, Fostoria.
Operator training will be held at the Distribution Center, 130 W. Jones Road, Fostoria.
Pre-requisite: Must be 18 years or older and pass a drug test.
Fostoria Learning Center
342 Perry Street, Fostoria
- Get Updates