- This event has passed.
Basic Precision Measurement
November 15 @ 8:00 am - November 16 @ 4:00 pm
Nov 15th – 16th
8:00 am – 4:00pm
This course provides the student with theory and skills needed to perform dimensional inspections. Students will learn to study a part print, select, and use the proper measuring tool(s). Concepts introduced include precision, discrimination, accuracy, and calibration. Previously learned print reading skills are expanded to include Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
• Build working knowledge of precision, discrimination, accuracy, repeatability, traceability, calibration, and tolerancing.
• Identify, select, and use portable measuring instruments and attributes gages.
• Make open setup measurements using common measuring equipment. Compare and contrast absolute & relative dimensions and measurements.
• Operate or explain computer assisted optical comparator, manual coordinate measuring machine, and a precision spindle.
• Recognize GD&T symbols, and interpret and measure conformance to Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing call outs.
• Check surface texture and flatness using a profilometer and optical flats.
• Understand and participate in gage control systems.